Welcome

All the cute and the precious have been found. All the kitties and puppies have homes. The candy colored, the eco-friendly, the hipsters of the handmade are all duly covered elsewhere. Here I will find the slightly odd, the darkly beautiful, the elegant and steamy pieces of goodness. I am very particular in my tastes and though I promise you that I will share nothing but the most intriguing of my discoveries, you may not always like them. I must also confess that I have no real artistic nor fashion background to base my finds upon. These are simply discoveries dug up from the depths of etsy or perhaps elsewhere, brushed off and presented for your approval.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Worth A Thousand Words

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words and these dark pieces of art are speaking at least that many.
2. Love Song - 8x10 Art Print - richterFineArt
3. Portmanteau - 8x12 - exoskeletoncabaret
4. Behold the Machine - ettadiem

I was lucky enough to stumble across most of these while searching for steampunk art. Photos, collages, paintings and drawings of the dark and different are found in so many corners of etsy. From simple images to complex imaginings, you can decorate your walls with what never existed but only dreamed.



Bookmark and Share

8 comments:

Myke Amend said...

Thank you - Not only for the feature, but for pointing me towards Jeffrey Richter and the other fine artists here ^_^

Artsnark said...

Great selection! Wonderful to see some of my old faves & now marking some new ones

Libby Bulloff said...

Thanks for sharing my work, lady! <3

Anonymous said...

Those are all exceptional!

AJ said...

That Love Song print is so delightfully bizarre! I might have to hang it up in my bead/craft room when I'm dine renovating.

Melissa said...

Those are really great finds, I'm thrilled to be up there with such great art! Thank You :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for including my work in this collection! Great artists and great ideas!
I am honored to be grouped with such unique talented creators!

Waterrose said...

Steampunk artwork is so beautiful. I love all of the detail.