Welcome

All the cute and the precious have been found. All the kitties and puppies have homes. The candy colored, the eco-friendly, the hipsters of the handmade are all duly covered elsewhere. Here I will find the slightly odd, the darkly beautiful, the elegant and steamy pieces of goodness. I am very particular in my tastes and though I promise you that I will share nothing but the most intriguing of my discoveries, you may not always like them. I must also confess that I have no real artistic nor fashion background to base my finds upon. These are simply discoveries dug up from the depths of etsy or perhaps elsewhere, brushed off and presented for your approval.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Running The Gauntlet

Warm weather is coming and that means bare arms that need adorning1. Aniela- Pinstripe scallop leather gauntlet w/ buttons and chain - ashesandempires
2. Women's Fashion Gauntlets- Vinyl Split-Armor - komachine
3. Drow Bracers - LandchildArtisans
4. Leather and Steel Wasteland Wrist Guard - DirtyandDistressed
You might think that gauntlets and bracers are the stuff of ren faires, just for dress up. I think that you can add drama to any outfit with the addition of one or two incredible arm pieces. They can be soft and delicate like ashesandempires or metal plated battle armor like the pieces from komachine and DirtyandDistressed. Or for a little extra extreme just go ahead and embrace the ren faire and embody the Black Knight with Bracers like LandchildArtisan offers.

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

that_rat said...

Drow bracers...wow, just wow. That just takes me back to the mid 90's and Forgotten Realms books. Drizzt Do'urden anyone?

AJ said...

*shudders in memory of all the mid-90s on-line roleplayers who were obsessed with Drizzt.*

Love all the bracers, though!

Athena's Armoury said...

Awesome selection. I'm making a pair of maille bracer for my selling garb using Japanese 12-2. The rings I chose are fairly small and with it being such an intricate weave, well, it's turning into a painstakingly long process. They should look great when they are finally done, though.

. c h o k l i t . said...

Ohgawd! I hadn't seen Ashes and Empires new arm gauntlets! This is killing me. Why doesn't money grow on trees??