Welcome

All the cute and the precious have been found. All the kitties and puppies have homes. The candy colored, the eco-friendly, the hipsters of the handmade are all duly covered elsewhere. Here I will find the slightly odd, the darkly beautiful, the elegant and steamy pieces of goodness. I am very particular in my tastes and though I promise you that I will share nothing but the most intriguing of my discoveries, you may not always like them. I must also confess that I have no real artistic nor fashion background to base my finds upon. These are simply discoveries dug up from the depths of etsy or perhaps elsewhere, brushed off and presented for your approval.

Friday, June 5, 2009

Woman

Lovely steamy ladies in art.
1. Letters From The Mathamatician's Wife - stilettoheights
2. Jetpack Girl - print - justmadbooks
3. TO THE FAIR 1893 reproduction - serpentes
4. Mad Hatter -Ladyhatter- Steampunk Victorian Burlesque fine art print - theGorgonist
Seems only right to finish out the week with images of some steampunk ladies. What's fun about steam is the diversity that can be found within it's shores. From jetpacks to burlesque queens, there is something for every taste. I found these pieces is mediums from simple pen to painting and you'll find everything in between. Wonderful artists with striking pieces, enjoy.

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

LillyShayStyle said...

Great Steampunk ladies!

. c h o k l i t . said...

Every single thing Stiletto Heights does makes me sigh with delight.

And I want to dress like the Ladyhatter ALL the time.

Great picks!

Agent B said...

THANK YOU!! I'm glad you like her!

Jody Pham said...

yay!! wonderful choice with the Serpenthes artwork.

stilettoheights said...

I wish I was any of these women!! I love JustMadBooks! also thank you choklit!! Very sweet of you to say.

xoxo