Welcome

All the cute and the precious have been found. All the kitties and puppies have homes. The candy colored, the eco-friendly, the hipsters of the handmade are all duly covered elsewhere. Here I will find the slightly odd, the darkly beautiful, the elegant and steamy pieces of goodness. I am very particular in my tastes and though I promise you that I will share nothing but the most intriguing of my discoveries, you may not always like them. I must also confess that I have no real artistic nor fashion background to base my finds upon. These are simply discoveries dug up from the depths of etsy or perhaps elsewhere, brushed off and presented for your approval.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

No Bones About It

2. Gothic Victorian Baby Tooth 14K necklace - lovedtodeath
3. Silver Jaw Bone - andyshouse
4. Boneflower Ring in Sterling Silver - ClockworkCrow
Yes, I know these aren't all real bones, but they're still awesomely disturbing. I am particularly fond of the metal bird skeleton. Well, I also thing having a real human tooth around your neck is strangely interesting. In fact, I think I've got some wisdom teeth around here somewhere and the kids are bound to lose those baby teeth one day and I'll need to do something with them, right?

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Sewicked said...

I was watching some show, World's Greatest Warrior I think, and one of the weapons was made from a horse jawbone. Ye gods, that thing was scary. I suddenly understood it's worth as a weapon (ie the Biblical jawbone of an ass).

Emi said...

There is something very macabre and also very sweet about the idea of wearing your kids' baby teeth as jewelry, a nice twist of touching and disturbing; I like it.
The ring is my favorite today, what a cool find.

. c h o k l i t . said...

Yay, love the boneflower ring by Clockwork Crow! I particularly get excited about the bones re-cast in silver, I think you've featured some excellent bird-skull stuff before.... the jawbone here is cool...