Welcome

All the cute and the precious have been found. All the kitties and puppies have homes. The candy colored, the eco-friendly, the hipsters of the handmade are all duly covered elsewhere. Here I will find the slightly odd, the darkly beautiful, the elegant and steamy pieces of goodness. I am very particular in my tastes and though I promise you that I will share nothing but the most intriguing of my discoveries, you may not always like them. I must also confess that I have no real artistic nor fashion background to base my finds upon. These are simply discoveries dug up from the depths of etsy or perhaps elsewhere, brushed off and presented for your approval.

Monday, September 30, 2013

Free Books

I shared the kickstarter project for this book and now I've been asked to get the word out that S.C. Barrus is offering free digital pre-orders of Discovering Aberration to anyone who's interested in a copy (to be delivered on January 20th) as well as free digital copies of his short Midway Between Heaven and Hell (which you can read right now)

To get a free copies of these two works, simply sign up for his monthly newsletter either on his website: http://awayandaway.com or through this sign up form: http://eepurl.com/sz5LD

Title: Discovering Aberration
Author: S.C. Barrus
Genre: Steampunk, Adventure

Description:
In the budding age of steam technology, Freddy Fitzgerald risks everything to write the story of a lifetime.

After stealing an ancient map from under the nose of a notorious gangster, Freddy Fitzgerald and Thaddeus Lumpen embark on a quest to find a lost civilization.As news of the map leaks, Freddy and Lumpen find themselves racing against a violent army of archaeologists, gangsters, mercenaries, scuttlers, and scarlettes.

But their destination has its own secrets, secrets which can make even the strongest go mad.

Discovering Aberration is a cerebral adventure set in an alternate Victorian era. From a country on the verge of revolution to a sensational confrontation on a remote island, its final, chilling secret just might push you to the brink of insanity.



0 comments: